- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Saturday, May 22, 2021
- Time: 11:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Saturday, May 22, 2021
- 11:30 am - 12:00 pm
Daytime Cocktails: Aperol Spritz & Pimm’s Cups
Basic or not, orange-colored day-drinking cocktails are a delicious option, and Joe Wang ’01 will show you two that you can enjoy without sleeping through the V-Rade.
The day-glo orange Aperol Spritz will require equal parts Aperol and prosecco, some plain soda water, and an orange slice, mixed in a wine glass over ice.
A more muted-color Pimm’s Cup will require some Pimm’s No. 1 (you can read that as Pimm’s ’01, nobody will judge), lemon soda, a slice of cucumber, and a sprig of mint, in a Collins glass mixed over ice. He likes throwing in a bit of other fruit (strawberry, lemon, lime, orange) but that’s not strictly necessary.
Ingredients & Supplies you’ll need:
- Prosecco or other dry sparkling wine
- Soda water
- Slice of orange
- Wine glass
- Pimm’s No. 1
- Lemon Soda (San Pellegrino Limonata on the dry side, Sprite or 7-Up on the more sweet side; ginger ale also acceptable)
- Slice of cucumber
- Sprig of mint
- Optional: sliced strawberry, orange, lemon, and/or lime
- Collins glass
- Pabst Blue Ribbon
- Andre sparkling wine
…oh wait, this isn’t the 5th reunion? Nevermind.