- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Thursday, May 20, 2021
- Time: 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Thursday, May 20, 2021
- 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
All for ’01 and ’01 for… ball? Grab your balls, people! It’s time for virtual Beirut. Pick a partner (they can be in any location) and sign up to enter a single-elimination, winner-takes-all tournament. First prize? You get to call yourself the best Beirut players in our class.
How you enter: Send an email to [email protected] with “Class of 2001 Beirut Tournament Registration” in the subject line. Please include your name and email, as well as the name and email of your partner.
What you will need:
- 10 red solo cups
- Two ping pong balls (but let’s be real, get six because one is going to roll under the fridge)
- One table or flat surface that allows you to stand nine feet away from the far edge
- At least one, preferably two, portable internet-connected devices with cameras (phones, iPads, laptops, etc.)
- One cup of warm Beast to spill on the floor for authenticity (optional)
Once teams have been decided, your hosts – Reunion Finance Chair Stephen Berger and Class President Patrick Malone will create the brackets, send around the rules, and work with teams to schedule times for the matches on Thursday evening. We’ll even send around a demonstration video for those of you who are asking yourselves how in God’s name you play virtual Beirut (spoiler alert: It’s a lot like playing chess by mail. Seriously.) So, grab your partner and join in the games!